You would think that finally, at the end of eight years of complete misery, conservatives would finally concede that, indeed, their hero, George W Bush, was perhaps not the greatest president on Earth. Yet I found myself yesterday listening to the lunatic Dan Savage on the radio spewing some vile garbage about how "privileged" democrats are and how George Bush was never helped by his name to get where he got (Savage sited Georgie's acceptance to Yale, his governorship of Texas, and of course the US presidency all as things NOT attained through the aid of the Bush name). Now I read this on Slate.com of all places.
"Bush Derangement Syndrome" Are you serious? At the risk of resorting to a useless battle of childish name calling, what the hell is wrong with you people? I have a much better syndrome for you guys...its called delusional schizophrenia.
Bush was an awful president. In arguably miserable. Oh, but he "kept us safe for the last seven years." Sure, I guess that depends on your definition of safe.
Your lame attempt at minimizing people's attacks on GWB as some partisan triviality, some "Bush Derangement Syndrome," falls on the deaf ears of the 70% of Americans who think Bush is a terrible president--and after today, WAS a terrible president.
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you people? You act as if there's no legitimate reason to have a deep dislike and distrust of the single most unpopular president in the history of the US. You speak of our mockery of Bush, our unbridled hatred for him, as if it were akin to a sports rivalry. This isn't a Boston Red Soxs fan bitter about how the Yankees always win the pennant. This isn't the musings of a bitter copy boy in the office who always gets passed over for promotion because of his dick head boss.
This is an American citizen who developed a legitimate hatred for a president who continually showed utter contempt for knowledge, responsibility, communication, and reason. I developed hatred for a president who when a hurricane leveled one of this country's most important and historic cities, sat at his ranch for a bit before he "decided" it was time for him to pay attention to the atrocity. I developed a hatred for this president when he "decided" to launch us into an unnecessary war killing tens of thousands of innocent people and thousands of our soldiers. I developed a hatred for this president when he "decided" to dishonor the basic principles that this country stands for by suspending habeas corpus, using unlawful wire taps to spy on US citizens, and approve torture as an appropriate mechanism for gaining counter intelligence. I have a million legitimate reasons for why I dislike this moron...this "decider." So don't dismiss my opinions and the opinions of the MAJORITY of Americans by lumping our disapproval of George W Bush as "Bush Derangement Syndrome." You dolt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment